For some, creative writing is easy most particularly those who want to write everything under the sun. However, what they don’t know is that this can be also difficult as you need to consider various things. Though there are no rules in creative writing, you still need to be careful when making your masterpiece for you to attract readers and editors as well.
If you are planning to pursue a career in creative writing, here are some of the things you should keep in mind:
- Eliminate redundancies. If you want to succeed in creative writing, you should know how to use words properly, get rid of redundancies because this will just ruin your essay. Make it short, while ensuring that the reader will easily get whatever you are saying in every sentence.
- Avoid using long paragraphs and words. Always aim to write short paragraphs with simple words because this can make a huge difference. This way, you are allowing yourself to show your readers what you want to say instead of telling them.
- Focus on your chosen topics. If you have passion about beauty and fashion, write topics that would revolve around this niche. Never attempt to include other niches as it may confuse your readers about your real topic and may lead your readers to a wrong conclusion.
- When discussing a certain topic, you may want to use strong words that can easily be remembered. This will make your piece easy to remember and will make the word linger in your readers’ minds. Furthermore, using strong words will also help in creating strong sentences that will prevent in creating redundancies throughout your piece.
- Let your readers focus on an “I want more!” case instead of an end with your piece. This way they will keep on reading till the end. It should be your main focus to make your writing as effective as possible.
- Try using figures of speech. There are times when writers would take long explanations of a certain word or phrase, which makes their entire piece boring. By using any figures of speech, you are giving your readers something to ponder on and would likely make them understand the entire piece or topic easily.
- You can try adding in some humor. Since you are focused on creative writing you can insert some humorous phrases that would lighten the topic. Do not let your humorous phrases forced into the subject, make it flow naturally just to give your readers a big smile as they read through your piece.
When it comes to college essay writing, there are also some tips you can consider. One of these is to brainstorm. Since you are already in college, your writing should look professional in order for you to meet the needs of your professors or instructors. If this is your first time to write college essay, then keeping in mind college essay writing tips will give your desired results. However, if there are specific instructions or guidelines given to you, then follow them and ask for assistance from someone who is an expert in writing college essays.